HOW WE WORK
As no two projects are alike, and each client’s design requests are unique, we determine our design fees based on the type of project and scope of work desired. We will be happy to meet with you for a free consultation to discuss your project.
After an initial meeting where we discuss your project in detail, we usually will be able to get back to you by the next day with an agreement, outlining our fees and the scope of work to be completed. All expected costs and time frames are discussed upfront before moving forward on a project. This is followed by a presentation meeting to unveil the design concepts for your room(s) where we will provide a floor plan along with specific furnishing, fabric and color recommendations from our resources for your approval. We manage all aspects of the process from designing to measuring, ordering , scheduling and delivery.
Areas of Service:
- Design consultations
- Space planning and layout
- Reviewing construction documents and plans
- Working collaboratively with Architects, General Contractors and all trades
- Selecting and specifying all exterior and interior finishes
- Designing architectural details
- Custom cabinetry, kitchens, baths, fireplace, staircase and flooring designs
- Selection and purchasing of furniture, fabrics, paint, window treatments, lighting, rugs, accessories and more.
- Flat Fee: Our most common fee structure is that of a flat design fee along with an estimated furnishings budget.
- Hourly: Hourly rates are typically used for consultations or specific design services such as selecting paint colors or exterior details.
- Cost Per Foot: On new construction or large renovation projects, we will charge a design fee based on a cost per square foot, which ensures our involvement from concept to completion with the architectural designs of the house and construction phase.